Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine Exchange

On Wednesday I received an awesome exchange from Sharon. I am really not a good photographer so my photo does not do it justice but just look at this pillow! The fabric is so perfect for this design too! She even made me a matching scissor fob and sent me lots of goodies. I do feel positively spoiled and I love it. Thanks so much Sharon!!! I hope I get a chance to stitch for you some time =)

Here is what I sent to Julianne. I stitched a scissor fob for her. The design is "Monthly Markings, February" from Heart in Hand and is stitched on 32 count Summer Khaki linen with the fibers called for in the pattern. I finished it by hand using Staci's ornament finishing method and I used twisted cord instead of the ribbon. I really enjoyed hand finishing like this and think more of my smalls and ornaments will be finished this way. Thanks goes to Staci for the great tutorial! I also used size 12 perle cotton instead of the floss for back stitching and sewing it together.

Keep checking back for some give-aways I am planning. I hope to post the first one tomorrow =)
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Siobhán said...

What a fabulous exchange! Lucky you. :)

BeckySC said...

I just LOVE it :)
Have a great weekend my friend :)
((hugs))

staci said...

What sweet wonderful exchanges Paula!!!