Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fair & Square 4th of July

Here are the squares and goodies that I sent to Darla. She received them yesterday so now I can post photos!!! This was a really fun stitch! The pattern is called "Liberty Ewe" from Crescent Colors. Inside the fabric "firecracker" I put some glittery threads as the "fireworks", and the variegated thread sticking out the top was to simulate a fuse for the firecracker. I think it looked better in my head, but you get the idea.
These are the squares that Darla stitched for me. She does very nice work and I think I need to get busy putting together all the squares I have received so far!

I have a couple of other finishes that I can't show just yet. They are for exchanges ;-)

I have added a new list to my sidebar. "Things I've Learned Since My Husband Left". My husband started a one year remote in Korea in March and I am learning as I go how to fix things, and who knows what else I will learn over the next nine and a half months!

I need to get busy stitching because I have a few more exchanges I need to finish up! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

Cute squares! I got the same Libery for Ewe from my partner and I just love the little pattern. I think several have stitched that one for the July 4 round! And I like your firecracker idea!

It's amazing how quick we adjust to doing new things when we have to. I became pretty proficient when I lived by myself in college...learned how to do all kinds of little odd fix-it type things.

staci said...

Congrats on a terrific exchange!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula. I wanted you to know that I got the amazing package from you in the mail today. Thank you so much! I am over the moon!

Michele said...

Love your exchange squares, both sent and received :) that is one cute design, the Liberty for Ewe :)

What a great challenge for you while your DH is away for a year .. I'm sure you'll do great! and think of all the things you'll learn :)