Thursday, February 26, 2009

Craft-i-leigh

You left a comment asking me about progressing from Aida and no way to email you, lol!
So, here is the email I had composed before realizing that it was going to "noreply-comment@blogger.com"

>>>
I would suggest trying an evenweave such as lugana or Jobelan. An evenweave is like linen in that you would be stitching over two threads, but each thread is the same size and it is much easier to see. Linen threads can vary in size and width making it more difficult to start with. Also, evenweaves are very nice for stitching over one thread, too!
As for count, I would try something the same count as your aida that you had been working with. If you used 14 count aida, then try a 28 count evenweave. If you worked with 16 count, then try a 32 count evenweave.

Let me know how it goes and if I can be of any more assistance =)

Have a great day!

No comments: