Monday, July 28, 2008

Birthday Stitching

Here is a photo of the Tulip & Star Pinkeep I stitched for my dear friend Kim. I should have taken a better photo so you could see what a lovely job the finisher did. She used the most beautiful burgundy fabric for the outside.
Here are two biscornus I stitched last week. The one on the left was a birthday gift for my friend Barbara and I stitched the one on the right for myself. The pattern is the Debbie Drapper designs called, Love. It was a very quick stitch and I really love to put these little guys together! See, I can do the simpler things but it's the really detailed finishing I have trouble with. I gave my needlebook to the finisher on Wednesday. I don't know when she will have it ready for me, but I do know that it will look spectacular when it is done and the fact that I can just stitch like crazy now will be worth every penny when I get the bill. This Fall she is teaching classes for eight different finishes and I am really looking forward to that! I already know how to do a couple of the techniques but I think you can always learn something so I will most likely take all of the classes. Now I had better get back to stitching since I have three exchanges that need to go out fairly soon. Have a great day!

7 comments:

Mylene said...

Your pinkeep and biscornu's looks great, Paula. Well done!!

Dani said...

Great job Paula! BTW - I put your squares in the mail today. So I would guess that you would have them by the end of the week, I hope. Hope you like them!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow that gift for your friend is beautiful and spectacularly finished!!!

Beautiful biscornus!

Dawn B. said...

Wow nice stitching and finishing.

Natasha said...

It is so nice to have internet again so I can view all the lovely stitching that you and others have done.

I am glad to be "home" now on to the job search yuck LOL
Take Care
Natasha

Carol R said...

Your Tulip and Star pinkeep is gorgeous. Who is the designer?

I stitched Debbie's 'Love' too but I finished it as a pinkeep - photo on my blog. I may have to stitch it again as a matching biscornu now that I've seen yours!

Milly~ said...

Beautiful finishes Paula. Love the pinkeep!