Thursday, October 16, 2008

Finishing Class Projects & Gift for Hubby

My husband received his birthday package and now I can show you what I stitched for him to hang in his office. This is Pirate's Creed by Sue Hillis Designs. I framed it myself. See, you have to learn how to do these things yourself if you are one of those right up to the last minutes kind of stitchers like me ;)

Here are the projects from the finishing class I took at my LNS on Saturday. The charts are Shepherd's Bush freebies and we made a flat fold (or easel), and a Christmas ornament with a beaded edge. Absolutely NO GLUE was used in the process and I am very excited to have learned how to hand sew the cording on. Now I am busy stitching on the pieces for the next class which is November 1st. We will learn to finish a hockey puck shaped pin cushion and a biscornu with tassels.

Now I am off to do more laundry and stitch on my Quaker frog that I started some time ago. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Love the Pirate picture! His employees must love that! LOL!
Lori

Marianne said...

Love love love the finishes!!! And the Pirates Creed is way cool. I'll have to look for this chart. LOL

staci said...

Wonderful present for your Hubby! Love the saying!!!

Dawn B. said...

Love hubby's gift and your finishing is great.