Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

Yesterday I received a very special package from my friend Marie. At first, I thought that maybe she had my name for the floss tag exchange on HOE, but then I opened it and saw that she sent me a most awesome belated birthday present. Thank you so very much, Marie. Your thoughtfulness means more to me than you could know. You are such a special friend and I really hope that someday we will get to meet in person.


Okay, Here is what I have been up to lately. It still involves a needle and thread, but I haven't been stitching. I am learning to make jewelry. It all started with wanting to learn how to make beaded fobs. One trip to the bead store and my curiosity was peaked. I kept telling myself, "You don't even wear jewelry so there is no reason to even get started on that! Hmmmm, I could make it for gifts...... Pretty, shiny jewelry....... I could get my ears re-pierced and make earrings...... you have classes? I love to take classes!"..... I have taken three classes this week. The first one is the red and white bracelet. I immediately made the orange and black one as soon as I got home from the class to wear for Halloween. The second class project isn't pictured because it isn't finished yet. It is way more involved and will take another sitting or two to get done. Then yesterday I learned how to make the gold and white one. So pretty! More on this subject coming soon =)
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Marie is a special friend...she's the best and look at the lovlies you received! Congrats :)

Irene said...

Lovely package. Your beaded bracelets look terriric !